AUTOCAD TRAINING COURSES
Brief overview of AutoCAD course content & overviews
The objective of AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® Essentials is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore, learning to use it can be challenging.
AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT Essentials covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training course.
Drawing Creation Principles
Editing / Modify Commands
Object Creation Commands
Angles and Polar Co-Ordinates
Layering and Object Properties
Text Use and Justification
Introduction to Grip Editing
Plotting and Presentation
AutoCAD 2D Advanced introduces advanced techniques and teaches you to be proficient in your use of the AutoCAD® software. This is done by teaching you how to recognize the best tool for the task, the best way to use that tool, and how to create new tools to accomplish tasks more efficiently.
Template drawing and Profile Setup
Fields, Tables and Excel
Creating Text Styles
Creating Dimension Styles
Options Dialogue Box
Attributes and Blocks
Sheet Set Manager and Batch Plotting
Model Space and Layouts
Setting Viewport Scales
Plotting and Presentation
This foundation-level courseware covers the essentials of AutoCAD Civil 3D. This four-day training course is intended to give students comprehensive experience with the features and benefits of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Hands-on exercises throughout the courseware explore how to create 2D and 3D drawings.
Proficient in AutoCAD or have attended the AutoCAD Essentials course.
AutoCAD Civil 3D Advanced introduces advanced techniques and teaches you to be proficient in your use of the AutoCAD Civil 3D Software.
The primary objective is for students to become proficient in:
• Interchange Design
• Storm water and Sewer Design
• Platform Grading and Pond Design
• Customization of Civil 3D
Students who attend this course must have been on the 4 days AutoCAD Civil 3D Essentials course, have worked with Civil 3D for at least 6 months and have to be familiar with the following:
• Create and manipulate surfaces
• Design roads, horizontal, vertical alignments, assemblies
• Layout storm water and sewer lines
• Grade surfaces, determine cut and fill volume
The AutoCAD® Electrical Essentials with IEC Standards training course covers the indispensable core topics for working with the AutoCAD® Electrical software. Students learn how to use many of the powerful electrical drawing creation tools in the AutoCAD Electrical software. Students create schematic drawings (ladder logic and point to point), panel drawings, and PLC-I/O circuits using automated commands for symbol insertion, component tagging, wire numbering, and drawing modification. In addition, students are introduced to methods of customizing AutoCAD Electrical symbols, circuits, and databases. Other topics covered include titleblock linking, reporting tools, templates, and project files.
In this essentials course for AutoCAD Plant 3D we will teach you how to use this new software solution in your daily work making plant designs, upgrades or expansions at your site. During the course all necessary modules will be taken care of and each trainee will make several exercises behind a training system to test the skills needed to work with the software.
AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modelling
AutoCAD® 3D Drawing and Modelling introduces students who are proficient with the 2D commands in the AutoCAD® software to the concepts and methods of 3D modelling. The training course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of 3D and explores the main features of the advanced 3D Modelling workspace in the AutoCAD software.
Introduction to 3D, XY-Plane | Creating Solid Primitives |
Creating Models from 2D Profiles | Creating Composite Solids |
Working in 3D Space – UCS | Editing Models
Extracting Geometry from Solid Models | 3D Mesh Modeling |
Changing the Model Position, Duplicating the Model
Getting Information from 3D Objects | Converting Objects |
Section a Solid Model and Generate 2D Geometry |
Creating Drawings from 3D Models | Navigating the Model |
Leveraging Cameras and Views | Rendering |
Visualization using Visual Styles, Lights, Materials, Sun |
The Autodesk® 3ds Max® Essentials provides a thorough introduction to the Autodesk 3ds Max software that will help new users make the most of this sophisticated application, as well as broaden the horizons of existing, self-taught users.
The practices in this course are primarily geared towards real-world tasks encountered by users of the Autodesk 3ds Max software in the Architecture, Interior Design, and Civil Engineering industries.
Advanced topics, such as character animation and rigging, are not covered in this course.
A sound knowledge of Windows OS and Basic Hardware understanding.
– Stationary will be provided for notes.
– Coffee, Tea & Lunch will be provided.
– Professional certified lecturer.
6 Points (Claimed from the South African Institute of Architects / South African Council for the Architectural Profession)
- Pricing Excludes VAT.
- Students are to be at the training venue by 08h00 in preparation for a 08h30 start time.
- Bookings can only be considered confirmation on receipt of payment.
- Bookings may be changed up to three weeks in advance of the course. A fee of 20% will be levied to cover charges.
- For full day courses, we will supply you with the relevant training material.
- A desktop computer to use for the training (where applicable) tea/coffee and a full lunch for full day InClass training hosted at the training centre.
- Catering is not included for OnSite training and laptop is available for hire at an additional cost if required.
- Cancellation or rescheduling requests must be in writing and reach us via fax or email at least 5 (five) working days prior to the course commencement date.
- Full course fees may be retained for no shows or requests within 5 working days prior to commencement.
- Although we go to great lengths to ensure that all training proceeds as scheduled, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone dates if we require to do so and undertake to inform clients in writing and telephonically of these changes.
- We suggest clients wait until a week prior to course commencement that a course has been confirmed to go ahead as scheduled before booking flight and accommodation.
- We are NOT responsible for cost associated with cancellation of classes such as flight and accommodation for clients.
- Full training fees will apply if the above condition is not complied with.