AutoCAD Plant Design
In this essentials course for AutoCAD Plant 3D we will teach you how to use this new software solution in your daily work making plant designs, upgrades or expansions at your site. During the course all necessary modules will be taken care of and each trainee will make several exercises behind a training system to test the skills needed to work with the software.
Before starting this course, the student should have working knowledge of the following:
• Computer Literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 Operating System.
• Creating, opening, and saving drawing files, changing the display of a drawing by zooming and panning, displaying and docking toolbars, saving and restoring named views, using object snaps, and managing layers and controlling layer visibility.
• Experience with Drafting, design, or engineering principles
• Proficient in AutoCAD or have attended the AutoCAD Essentials course.
• Knowledge of Process and Instrument diagrams (recommended but not essential)
• Basic knowledge of process industry or piping industry practice (recommended but not essential)
The Training Day
Our courses run from 8.30am to 4.00pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and the nicest instructors.
On completion of the course, you will receive an internationally recognised Autodesk Authorised Attendance Training Certificate.
Introduction to AutoCAD Plant 3D
• Working in a Project
• Opening a Drawing
• Exploring the User Interface
• Managing Layers and Colours
Setting up & administering a Plant Project
• Overview of Project Setup
• Overview of Project Structure and Files
• Setting Up Larger Projects
• Defining New Objects and Properties
• Customizing Data Manager
• Creating and Editing Drawing Templates
• Specs and Catalogues
• Working with P&ID Data in Plant 3D
• Creating and Annotating Orthographic Views
• Creating Isometric Drawings
AutoCAD Plant 3D – Imperial
• Creating Project Folders and Drawings
• Steel Modelling and Editing
• Equipment Modelling and Editing
• Piping Basics
• Piping Editing and Advanced Topics
• File Handling
• Basic Navigation and Walkthrough
• Clash Detection
• Highlights of Scheduling
• Animation and Rendering
• Isometric Setup
• Setting up SQL Express for AutoCAD Plant 3D
• Creating and Managing Report Configurations